Pages

14/07/2014

Rule #76 : No excuses, play like a champion.




On Saturday I attended a beautiful Greek wedding of a family friend that my mum has known since she was 16 years old. Words cannot begin to describe the amount of love that permeated throughout the entire day and was openly shared between family members. It started off with a ceremony held in an enchanting Greek Orthodox Church with traditions carried out and words sung to the bride and groom, there were tears falling down the cheeks of devoted loved ones and gleaming smiles lighting up each face that looked on.

The reception was held in a hotel later on in the evening with staff walking around serving drinks and snacks of which me and my Dad quickly located our favorite tray (the spring rolls) and accosted the waiter - his name was Bryan and he was French - and kept him on a regular cycle back to us for the entire time we were standing in the sunshine.

After 4 captivating speeches delivered with a mix of humour and gratification (the groom's speech definitely got a few tears out of me) it was time for the dancefloor to welcome the guests out for their best moves! This was my first Greek wedding and it was so different to any other wedding I have seen, the dancing traditions were so enlightening and it was a blessing to see first hand how other culture's welcome you openly into their own.

One thing that really struck me that day was the amount of love shared between the family. I know many families love each other dearly and I certainly feel that way about my own, but each person would unhesitatingly walk up to their Mother or Father and kiss or embrace them and tell the how much they loved them. It occurred to me that this isn't "the norm" for many families' out there to be so honest and forthright with their love to one another, it really was a beautiful sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.